Gallup Tests Practice Pack
This personality tests preparation pack will prepare you for Gallup CliftonStrengths Test.
The pack includes:
- 3 personality tests
- 2 study guides
6 months access
24/7 Customer Support
* 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
The Gallup CliftonStrengths test (formerly known as the Clifton StrengthsFinder) is a popular assessment tool developed by Gallup, a renowned research and consulting company. This test is designed to identify and measure an individual’s unique strengths and talents. The assessment is based on the positive psychology research of Donald O. Clifton.
If you are interested in taking the Gallup CliftonStrengths test, there are a few things you can do to prepare and get the most out of the assessment.
Below, we cover all of the essential information on the CliftonStrengths Test so that you can increase your chances of success.
What Is the Gallup’s Strengths Test?
The Gallup’s CliftonStrengths Test, previously known as the Clifton StrengthsFinder, is a psychometric examination that helps employers match with job-seekers who possess the personality characteristics they’re looking for. Common companies who use the Gallup Strengths Test are Hyatt, Nationwide Insurance, Facebook, and numerous banks across the world.
Gallup’s Strengths Test Format
The best way to prepare for the CliftonStrengths Test is by familiarizing yourself with the test format. You will have exactly one hour to complete the test. There are 177 pairs of sentences in the test, all of which involve choices that reveal parts of your personality. Of the 177 sentence pairs, 34 personality traits are evaluated based on your answers.
The sentence pairs can vary in that they might be similar, opposing, or unrelated to one another. Your job is to choose the most accurate response to the given sentence pairs.
The Gallup Strengths 34 Traits
Each employer will be looking for certain strengths in an employee. In order to help you succeed on the Gallup’s Strengths Test, it is important to know the types of traits you will be tested for. There are 4 categories, each with a number of traits:
- Analytical – your ability to consider cause and effect
- Context – deep values for history and how it impacts modernity
- Futuristic – how inspirational you are to others through your visions of a successful future
- Ideation – your passion for ideas
- Input – your desire for knowledge
- Intellection – how much you value and participate in intellectual conversations
- Learner – you strive to learn and improve yourself
- Strategic – your ability to strategically reach goals
- Adaptability– how well you adapt to change
- Connectedness– strong belief in interconnectivity of events
- Developer– how well you help your peers grow
- Empathy– how well you place yourself in another’s situation
- Harmony– conflict-avoidant, peace seeker
- Includer– you strive to include others
- Individualization– the ability to single out other people’s strengths and coordinate roles for them
- Positivity– ability to maintain positive thoughts and high energy
- Relator– how much you value developing deep relationships
- Activator– the ability to transform ideas into realities
- Command– you value managing situations and decisions
- Communication– how well you express your thoughts to others
- Competition– you compare progress to others to excel
- Maximizer– ability to boost others’ strengths
- Self-Assurance– high confidence towards ability to manage life
- Significance– independent work mentality with a need for acknowledgement
- Woo– it pleases you to meet and connect with others
- Achiever– how productive and ambitious you are
- Arranger– you are organized yet flexible
- Belief– your values serve as the basis for your daily lifestyle
- Consistency– ability to set well-defined rules that are used to treat others with equal fairness
- Deliberative– how mindful you are of how your choices might impact the future
- Discipline– you value routine and structure
- Focus– appropriate management of time and attention
- Responsibility– your ability to take on tasks and follow through with them
- Restorative– you quickly solve problems
How Is the Gallup Strengths Test Scored?
You will receive a score with your top 5 traits based on how you respond to the sentence pairs. Since each employer has a certain set of traits they are looking for in an employee, there is no correct answer in the Gallup’s Strengths Test.
How to Pass the Gallup Strengths Test
To pass the Gallup’s Strengths Test, you will need to be familiar with the most desired personality traits for the job and the culture of the company in which you are applying. Once you’ve researched the company and the most-valued characteristics for the job, the next step is to take a high-quality practice test.
Score High on the Gallup Strengths Tests
If you’re hoping to score high on the right traits for your prospective job, don’t go into your test blindly. Prepare4Success has a comprehensive Gallup Strengths Practice Test that will help you succeed and get the job you want.
Gallup StrengthsFinder test sample questions
Here are some sample questions from the Gallup StrengthsFinder test:
- When facing a problem, do you prefer to work through it alone or collaborate with others?
- Are you someone who enjoys taking risks or do you prefer to stick to tried and true methods?
- When given a task, do you tend to focus on the big picture or the details?
- Are you naturally optimistic or do you tend to see potential problems in any situation?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment or do you prefer a more structured and stable routine?
- When making decisions, do you tend to rely on your intuition or do you prefer to analyze all available data?
- Are you comfortable being the center of attention or do you prefer to stay in the background?
- Do you enjoy leading others and taking charge or do you prefer to be a supportive member of a team?
- Are you someone who enjoys taking on new challenges or do you prefer to stick to what you know?
- When communicating with others, do you tend to be direct and straightforward or do you use more tact and diplomacy?
Don’t go into your test blindly. Here at Prepare4Success, we have a comprehensive Thomas International GIA practice test that will thoroughly prepare you for your upcoming exam, increasing your chances of doing well by up to 70%.