Do you have to take the Hogan MVPI Test? This test can be challenging to pass, but Prepare4Success is here to help you in the test-taking process.
This personality tests preparation pack will prepare you for Hogan HPI, Hogan HDS, and Hogan MVPI personality tests.
The pack includes:
- 3 personality tests
- 2 study guides
- 6 months access
24/7 Customer Support
* 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Take the time to learn about the test format, including the types of questions and the time allotted for each section. This will help you feel more confident and prepared on test day.
What Is the Hogan MVPI Test?
The Hogan Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) is a personality assessment developed by Hogan Assessment Systems, which is designed to assess an individual’s core values and drivers. These values can influence a person’s decision-making, preferences, and interests both inside and outside the workplace. Understanding these values can be critical in predicting compatibility with organizational cultures, career satisfaction, and other job-related outcomes.
The MVPI test consists of a series of statements that require the person to indicate the degree to which they agree or disagree with each statement. The statements are designed to evaluate a person’s values and motivations across ten key areas, including recognition, power, hedonism, altruism, and tradition.
Here are a few key facts about the Hogan MVPI Test:
- Contains 200 questions
- Takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete
- Assesses your cultural values
- Validated by over 400 research studies
- Administered online
The MVPI uses 10 scales to determine your motives, values, and preferences: Recognition, Power, Hedonism, Altruistic, Affiliation, Tradition, Security, Commerce, Aesthetics, and Science.
There are also 5 cultural values used in the MVPI test rubric to see if your cultural values align with the company’s culture: Lifestyles, Beliefs, Occupational Preferences, Aversions, and Preferred Associates.
How Is the Hogan MVPI Personality Test Scored?
The MVPI test is scored by looking at your low and high personality attributes from the 10 scales. The test results are typically presented in the form of a report that provides insights into a person’s core values and motivations based on their responses to the test questions. Let’s take a closer look at how each of the 10 scales is scored to help you become more familiar with the test structure:
|Recognition||Prefers to share credit, avoids attention|
|Power||Nonconfrontational, avoids leadership, not competitive.|
|Hedonism||Professional and serious, preferring formal workplace environments|
|Altruistic||Prioritizes one’s own work and productivity|
|Aesthetics||Practical likes routines and repetition|
|Science||Intuitive, values experience, and people|
The MVPI measures values across several dimensions, including:
|Recognition||Seeks credit on high-end projects|
|Hedonism||Colorful and fun work environment preference|
|Altruistic||Customer-focused, prioritizes others|
|Tradition||Holds onto tradition|
|Security||Consistent, predictable, and cautious|
|Aesthetics||Innovative and creative, stylish|
|Science||Analytical problem-solver, prefers factual data|
Note that low attributes don’t necessarily mean a low score, while high attributes don’t always reflect a high score. Instead, your score’s success depends upon the qualities the employer is looking for in a job candidate.
A cleric, for example, might wish to score low in Aesthetics because that reflects practicality, routine, and repetition skills that most clerics will need for the job. Meanwhile, a salesperson would need to score high on Aesthetics because innovation, individualism, and creativity are integral to being a good salesperson.
How to Pass the Hogan MVPI Personality Test
As with most tests, preparing for the Hogan MVPI Test ahead of time can help you score the personality characteristics the company is looking for in a job candidate. The best way to prepare is by taking a professional practice test that covers the areas of the actual test in depth.
Here at Prepare4Success, we have the right practice materials to improve your chances of scoring higher on the MVPI assessment. Coming prepared and more familiarized with the test style will help you do better than other candidates.
Practicing the MVPI personality assessment test can help you better understand your personality and motivations and help you be ready for job interviews and assessments.
Related Personality Test
Free Hogan MVPI Sample Questions
Types of questions or statements you might encounter on such an assessment, based on the dimensions it measures.
- “I feel good when others notice and appreciate my achievements.”
- “I enjoy being the center of attention.”
- “I believe I have natural leadership abilities.”
- “I prefer to be in control of situations.”
- “I believe it’s important to enjoy life’s pleasures to the fullest.”
- “Having fun is a top priority for me.”
- “Helping others gives me a sense of satisfaction.”
- “It’s important to me to make a positive difference in the lives of others.”
- “I value being part of a close-knit team or group.”
- “Building strong relationships is very important to me.”
- “I respect and uphold the traditions I was raised with.”
- “It’s important to keep longstanding customs and practices.”
- “Stability and predictability are very important to me.”
- “I feel best when things are planned and structured.”
- “I am always looking for business opportunities.”
- “Making a profit is a clear indicator of success.”
- “I appreciate fine arts and beautiful surroundings.”
- “Beauty and form matter a lot to me.”
- “I believe decisions should be based on hard data.”
- “Logical reasoning is more important than emotions.”
Respondents typically indicate their level of agreement or disagreement with these types of statements, and scores are then compiled to provide a profile of their core motives, values, and preferences.